I freely admit, the first thing I am grateful for at Thanksgiving is the pumpkin pie I know I will be having for dessert. And for breakfast the next day. In fact, I might have to say that pumpkin pie for breakfast at 3:30 in the morning or whatever ungodly hour I decide to go shopping on Black Friday is my favorite moment of the entire year. Anyway, it's pretty clear that I love pumpkin pie.
You can imagine my excitement when I found out that Pop-Tarts has a limited edition Thanksgiving flavor this year: Pumpkin Pie. My kids and I were given the assignment to use the Pop-Tarts to make something yummy, and not surprisingly, we chose to make an actual pumpkin pie using the Pop-Tarts as the crust.
First, we ripped up 6 Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts and put them in a bowl.
We then melted a stick of butter and mixed it all together.
Second, we smooshed the crust down into the dish.
Then we made our favorite pumpkin pie recipe, poured it over our fancy crust and baked as normal.
Finally, we ate it, which is the best part!
What do YOU most look forward to eating on Thanksgiving Day? Share it here for a chance to win a $100.00 Visa Gift Card from BlogHer!
(For another chance to win the gift card please comment on this post.)
To enter, leave a comment. (Please include your email within the comment.)
For a second entry, you can:
· Tweet about this post with a link to it (and put your tweet URL in a separate comment below)
· Blog about this post with a link to it (and put your blog post URL in a separate comment below)
· Read the official rules for alternate form of entry.
For NINE more chances to win a $100.00 gift card, make sure to visit the BlogHer review/giveaway round up page.
- No duplicate comments
- You may receive an additional entry by tweeting about this contest and leaving the link in the comments
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest and leaving a link in the comments
- This giveaway is open to US Residents, aged 18 and older
- Winners will be selected at random, and will be notified by e-mail (please leave your email in your comment)
- If you win, you will have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected
- Please see Official Rules here.
For more information, visit the Official Pop-Tarts website.