This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Pop-Tarts®.I don't cook. My husband does all of that in our household. I hate it, and am forever grateful to have found a man who loves it (and me!).
However, I do bake. Not very well, mind you. But I love to make pie and cake and cookies. Especially around Christmas time. It makes me very happy.
So when Pop-Tarts sent some of their new Gingerbread Pop-Tarts for the kids and me to bake with, we jumped at the chance to try out a new recipe. Naturally, we chose something ginger-bready...
Gingerbread Sheet Cake
1/2 C Butter
1/3 C Sugar
1 C Molasses
3/4 C Water
2 1/3 C Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add the molasses, water and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
We then drizzled icing over the top in fun shapes and crumbled up a couple of the gingerbread Pop-Tarts on top. Yummy!
Although, I must say, I was a little sad that I couldn't think of anything that would highlight how cute these particular Pop-Tarts are:
And it's no surprise that the kids loved the cake. They each had about three slices before I made them stop! And the Pop-Tarts. They taste like Christmas, and who doesn't love that?
(Bria loved it too, but was feeling a little self-conscious about eating cake for the internet today.)
What tastes like Christmas to you? Share it here for a chance to win a $100.00 Gift Card from BlogHer!
Sweepstakes open from 12/13-12/25. To enter, leave a comment. (Please include your email within the comment.)
For a second entry, you can:
· Tweet about this post with a link to it (and put your tweet URL in a separate comment below)
· Blog about this post with a link to it (and put your blog post URL in a separate comment below)
· Read the official rules for alternate form of entry.
For NINE more chances to win a $100.00 gift card, make sure to visit the BlogHer review/giveaway round up page.
- No duplicate comments
- You may receive an additional entry by tweeting about this contest and leaving the link in the comments
- You may receive an additional entry by blogging about this contest and leaving a link in the comments
- This giveaway is open to US Residents, aged 18 and older
- Winners will be selected at random, and will be notified by e-mail (please leave your email in your comment)
- If you win, you will have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected\
- Visit the Official site for more information.